What is Massage Therapy?
Massage therapy is the manual manipulation of soft body tissues, the muscles, connective tissue, tendons and ligaments to enhance a person’s health and well-being. There are many types of massage therapy methods.
Massage therapy has a variety of practical applications – to reduce stress and anxiety, relax muscles, rehabilitate injuries, reduce pain, and to promote overall health and wellness.
Principle Benefits of Massage Therapies:
- Reduces muscular tension, spasm, and chronic pain
- Breaks down adhesions within muscles, tendons, and ligaments
- Reduces stiffness and swelling by clearing out waste products and toxins
- Assists in recovery from injuries
- Provides gentle stretching of the tissues and improves flexibility
- An stimulate or soothes nerves
- Improves postural problems
- Improves lymph flow and blood circulation
- Encourages endorphin release
- Encourages relaxation and reduces stress
- Improves self-esteem
What is trigger point therapy?
A trigger point is a tight area within muscle tissue that causes pain in other parts of the body. A trigger point in the back, for example, may produce referral pain in the neck. The neck, now acting as a satellite trigger point, may then cause pain in the head. The pain may be sharp and intense or a dull ache.
Why use Alaska Health Improvement Center?
The reason is quite simple – our masseuse is trained in various massage therapies and works with the Doctor to support the musculo-skeletal system in detox, muscle repair, trigger point release and more. Our therapy ties into all we do. An experienced massage therapist contributes to our goal of you having a happy, healthy lifestyle.